Man killed while charging iPhone in bath

LONDON (WCMH) — An English coroner will warn Apple that iPhone chargers can be potentially deadly after a man was electrocuted while charging his phone in the bath.

The Telegraph reports that 32-year-old Richard Bull died after his phone accidentally fell in the water as he was bathing in December. Bull had used an extension cord to connect the charger to an outlet in the hallway.

Bull’s wife reportedly thought he had been attacked because his burns were so severe.

Coroner Sean Cummings said he intends to write a letter to Apple.

“These seem like innocuous devices, but they can be as dangerous as a hairdryer in a bathroom. They should attach warnings,” he said, according to The Telegraph. “I intend to write a report later to the makers of the phone.”

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most discussed

Get your e-mail updates

Sign up and get your news fix directly to your inbox. Nothing more nothing else and definitely no spam.
Email address
We won't share your e-mail or send spam
Click here to connect with us